2019 was a year of tremendous personal growth for me. As I look back on 2019 and back further over the last decade, I’m amazed by the things I have accomplished, the people I’ve had the good fortune of meeting, and the experiences I’ve had.
I’ve loved seeing decades in review on Twitter over the last few weeks, and I thought it would be great to write down some of my milestones as well before jumping into goals for 2020 and beyond.
- Graduated with my B.S. in Computing
- Got my first programming job out of college
- Moved to Utah
- Worked for four different companies
- Bought and sold a townhouse
- Built my first home
- Finished the decade in better shape than I started in
- Travelled to three countries and twelve states
Amazingly, this list only scratches the surface, and I hope to have another great list to look back on in 2030.
In 2020, I hope to spend more time creating, more time learning, and less time consuming random internet content. Some other goals of mine for this year:
- Travel out of the country (I have Iceland, Italy, and Japan next on my list – crossing one of those off this year would be great)
- Read 12 books
- Write 12 articles
- Continue my fitness journey (I’d like to write more about this, but in the second half of 2019 I focused more on my health and fitness and lost over 40 pounds)
- See more of our national parks (Yosemite is high on my list)
- Finish and ship a small iPhone app I’ve been building off and on for a few years
Here’s to a happy 2020! 🎉